COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Zip Clinic Urgent Care is participating in the CARES Act! This allows for our clinics to offer COVID-19 testing to all with the cost covered! Our increased capacity for COVID-19 testing has resulted in easy access for everyone seeking COVID-19 testing.
*Testing criteria may change over time as public health needs related to COVID-19 change. As supplies last. Those patients under eighteen must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
*Seek medical attention immediately if you experience severe shortness of breath, continuous pain, or pressure in the chest, or persistent fever greater than 102°F. If at any time you feel like you are having a medical emergency, please call 911.
What is the cost?
We are providing COVID-19 testing to our patients by participating in the CARES Act! The CARES Act Federal program only covers noninsured individuals. If you have insurance, it is required for us to file your insurance and collect patient responsibility until your insurance claim is processed. If you have insurance but choose not to file it for your visit, the self-pay rate for Zip Clinic is due.
Insurance vs. Self Pay
Insurance: If you have insurance, it is required for us to file your insurance and collect patient responsibility until your insurance claim is processed.
Please Note: If you received a bill for your test, please contact your insurance billing department.
Self-Pay: For those who do not have insurance, the CARES Act covers the cost of testing.
Please Note: For self-pay, if you if receive a bill, contact us directly.
What types of tests do you offer?
We are currently offering COVID-19 antibody tests, COVID-19 rapid tests, and PCR tests at all clinics!
- COVID-19 Rapid Testing: Rapid testing is a nasal swap test administered with results coming back in 15 minutes!
- COVID-19 PCR Testing: PCR testing is nasal swab lab send out the test with results being delivered 48-72 hours after the test!
- COVID-19 Antibody Testing: Antibody testing is a blood draw lab send out with results being delivered 48-72 hours after the test.
Please Note: PCR testing result delivery may be delayed as the processing does not take place on Sundays. Antibody testing may not be covered through all insurances; please reach out to your insurance provider for more information.
- CLIA Waived Lab Certificate
- Sofia 2 Antigen testing
- Antigen testing- Antigen tests are immunoassays that detect the presence of a specific viral antigen, which implies current viral infection.
- Results – 15 minutes
QUEST PCR Testing
- CAP Accredited Laboratory
- SARS-CoV-2 RNA (COVID-19), Qualitative NAAT
- Nucleic-acid Amplification Test (NAAT) is a qualitative multi-target molecular diagnostics test
- Current turnaround times are approximately 48 hours
GENETWORx PCR Testing
- GENETWORx is CLIA Certified
- CAP Accredited Laboratory
- Nucleic Acid Amplification (NAA) and Detection of COVID-19
- The current turnaround is approximately 48-72 hours
Can anyone be tested?
We are testing anyone of all ages who would like to be tested. Whether you have symptoms not, we can test you! This includes testing for travel and other COVID-19 testing requirements!
Do I need to make an appointment?
Due to high patient volume, you may experience longer wait times. Please reserve a spot online to make a reservation. This will allow for you to complete registration prior to your visit and may help reduce wait time. At this time, we may not be able to accommodate COVID Testing walk-ins due to increased patient volume. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
PLEASE NOTE: This reservation time is not an appointment. This is a reservation for a visit for the day.
What if I test positive?
Stay home and isolate until at least 10 days since your symptoms began, at least 24 hours since you last had a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and symptoms have improved overall.