Lacerations & Wound Care
Lacerations are cuts or open wounds. All cuts need first aid, but some lacerations may also need medical treatment.
Symptoms may include:
- Difficulty moving joints
Seek immediate medical assistance if blood is spurting from a cut or you are unable to stop the bleeding after 15 minutes of applying direct pressure.
What ZipClinic Urgent Care can do?
- Clean the wound thoroughly
- Assess area for damage to nerves, muscle, or bone
- Suture it
- Stop the bleeding and provide other emergency measures
- Prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection
- Prescribe pain medication if needed