A fever is your body’s main defense against infection. It’s caused by bacteria and viruses attacking your immune system. Most fevers are caused by infections; however, other causes include heat exhaustion, cancers, autoimmune disorders, and certain medicines.
When should I come to ZipClinic Urgent Care for fever?
- If it lasts for over a week, seek medical attention
- If you have lost weight unintentionally
- If it comes and goes and/or stays considerably high
- If you have recently started taking a new medicine
- If you have been exposed to high temperatures and are not sweating (this is a sign of heatstroke)
- A body temperature at 100.5F or above
- If you are having chills, you likely have a fever.